Rosemont Stud operates a boutique 283-hectare, 700-acre farm at Ceres – just 10 minutes from Geelong – that is solely dedicated to Victorian racehorse spelling. The farm is located in the heart of the undulating Barrabool Hills and sits on the Barwon River with 2.5 kilometres of river frontage.
The facility is proving increasingly popular, especially for city-trained horses, given the relaxed and serene environment offered in handy proximity to the metropolitan centres of Geelong and Melbourne.
The farm is run by Hannah Brewis, who after completing a stud management course at NMIT in Melbourne spent a couple of years working at Woodside Park Stud working with broodmares, yearlings and spellers.
The spelling farm features:
• 40+ tree-lane-divided pastured paddocks with horse rail fencing
• A variety of paddock styles ranging from secluded, river flat paddocks to large 40-hectare, 100-acre hill paddocks overlooking the property, river and wider Barrabool Hills region
• Unique French-provincial style 10-box stable and office complex
• 8 double-fenced long-yards with individual shelters for horses requiring special care
• 10 larger pastured yards adjacent to the stables for individual monitoring and care
• 8-horse motorized walker
• 10-metre rubber-lined sand roll
• Quarantine and isolation facilities, registered and approved by the Department of Agriculture
Tailored racehorse spelling in Victoria
The variety of Victorian thoroughbred spelling resources available allows us to tailor a spelling program to suit each individual racehorse. Because of this approach, we are flexible to any specific request—ranging from dietary requirements, to paddock style and instructions relating to physical or behavioral issues with your racehorse. We also provide a comprehensive stud and pre-training service in Victoria for race horses. Feel free to contact our farm for more information on the services we provide.